Interview questions for Pharmacist
As a Pharmacy Assistant you will be required to assist the pharmacist in his or her duties whilst prescribing medicines, prescriptions and also offering health advice to customers and patients. It is absolutely vital that Pharmacy Assistants have excellent attention to detail skills and can work accurately whilst following strict medical and pharmacy rules and procedures.
The Pharmacy Assistant will prepare and dispense a variety of drugs to both patients and healthcare providers whilst ensuring prescriptions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. When interviewing Pharmacy Assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a personable personality, trustworthiness, and efficiency. Avoid candidates who are unenthusiastic and have poor communication skills.
Top 15 Interview questions for Pharmacist
1. Tell me about yourself and why you want to become a Pharmacy Assistant?
I want to become a Pharmacy Assistant because I have a genuine interest in people’s health and I also want to learn about different medicines and medical subscriptions. I am someone who prefers to work in a customer-facing role, whereby attention to detail and accuracy are important. Furthermore, because the industry is growing due to the aging population, plus the fact that people are taking more of an interest in their health, this means I will always be learning within the role of Pharmacy Assistant.
2. Can you read prescriptions?
Yes, I can.
3. What is the responsibility of a pharmacist?
The responsibility of a pharmacist is to
• Manage a drug store
• Advising patients and physicians
• Verifying accuracy of prescription
• Reviewing possible side effects
• Assigning correct dosage
• Recommending most appropriate non-prescription drug
• Give information to the patient about drug interaction
4. What relevant work experience do you have in this career field As Pharmacy Assistant?
Talk about specific work related experience for the position you’re interviewing for. Make sure the experience is relevant. Don’t talk about previous experience that is not related to the position in question. If you don’t have specific career related experience speak about prior experience that has helped you develop the specific knowledge and skills required for the position you are applying for.
5. What are the three qualities a professional pharmacist should have?
• Drug Management
• Customer Management
• Staff Management
6. How did you hear about the position As Pharmacy Assistant?
Another seemingly innocuous interview question, this is actually a perfect opportunity to stand out and show your passion for and connection to the company and for job As Pharmacy Assistant. For example, if you found out about the gig through a friend or professional contact, name drop that person, then share why you were so excited about it. If you discovered the company through an event or article, share that. Even if you found the listing through a random job board, share what, specifically, caught your eye about the role.
7. What are the record keeping procedures that a pharmacist has to do?
The record keeping procedures that a pharmacist has to do
• Storing pharmacy files
• Patient records
• Inventories and update system files
• Registries of poisons and controlled drugs
8. What education or training have you had that makes you fit for this profession As Pharmacy Assistant?
This would be the first question asked in any interview. Therefore, it is important that you give a proper reply to the question regarding your education. You should have all the documents and certificates pertaining to your education and/or training, although time may not allow the interviewer to review all of them.
9. What are the side effects of methadone?
The side effects of methadone are
• Feeling anxious, nervous or restless
• Insomnia ( Sleeping disorder )
• Feeling drowsy and weak
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, loss of appetite, dry mouth
10. Classify the controlled drug? What is the storage procedure for controlled drug?
Controlled drug is classified into five, Schedule type 1, Schedule type 2, Schedule type 3, Schedule type 4 and Schedule 5.
For CD drug, it should be stored into a closed cabinet made up of metal and with a lock on it. Moreover, only authorized person should have an access to it and only he can administer the CD drug to the patient. For home visit doctor should carry in a lockable bag.
11. What’s your management style?
The best managers are strong but flexible and that’s exactly what you want to show off in your answer. (Think something like, “While every situation and every team member requires a bit of a different strategy, I tend to approach my employee relationships as a coach. Then, share a couple of your best managerial moments, like when you grew your team from five to 15 or coached an underperforming employee to become the company’s top employee.
12. What is warfarin and what are some of the drugs it interacts and should be avoided?
Warfarin is a drug used as anticoagulant, and it is used in patient who is at high risk of heart attack due to blood clot.
Some of the drugs with which it interacts and should be avoided in combination with
• Unfractionated heparin
13. What is NABP?
NABP is the Electronic Licensure Transfer Program allows licensed pharmacists to transfer their existing pharmacist license easily from one state to another.
14. Can you explain why you changed career paths As Pharmacy Assistant?
Don’t be thrown off by this question-just take a deep breath and explain to the hiring manager why you’ve made the career decisions As Pharmacy Assistant you have. More importantly, give a few examples of how your past experience is transferable to the new role. This doesn’t have to be a direct connection; in fact, it’s often more impressive when a candidate can make seemingly irrelevant experience seem very relevant to the role.
15. Explain can controlled substance prescription be refilled?
Controlled substance prescription can be refilled for up to five times in six month, schedule type V can be refilled as directed by physician, while type II cannot be refilled.
leave your comment