Interview questions for Logistics Managers
Logistics Managers are responsible for the smooth flow of goods, from order and storage to transport and distribution. They manage the entire supply chain cycle to ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. In general business terms, it is defined as a flow of things between the point of origin to point of consumption to meet requirements of corporations or customers. Logistics jobs require store logistics, communication skills, innovative mind and problem-solving skills. Reputed business corporations offer various placements for freshers and experienced in notable cities of India. Logistics job interview questions and answers page boost your communication skills and confidence levels to help you clear interview with ease.
1) What are the responsibilities of a logistician?
Primary role of a logistician is to
• Manage the supply chain
• Transportation and storage of material
• Transportation management
2) Explain What Is Asn (advance Shipping Notice)?
It is a notice that is sent to the customer about the detailed shipment information in advance of delivery. It may also include carrier and shipment related information like time of shipment and expected time of arrival.
3) What is the different position a person can work in logistic industry?
A person can work under various position
• Logistic director
• Logistic supervisor
• Logistic associate
• Logistic engineer
• Logistic coordinator
• Logistic specialist
• Logistic analyst
4) Explain What Is Wts (warehouse Tracking System)? How Does It Work?
WTS or Warehouse Tracking System is a software application which is specifically designed for the warehouse industry. It uses the system of barcode labels which allows you to track product movement, audits and shipments easily. It enables you to identify each piece of stock by a unique serial number.
5) Tell me about your teamwork skills in relation to a LOGISTICS COORDINATOR position?
Logistics coordinators have to play important roles in a team or group. Your ability in setting relationships with other team members should be appeared in your interview answers and you should mention your contribution into the success of the team.
6) Explain what is supply chain management?
Supply chain management includes an integrated approach of planning, implementing and controlling the flow of information, materials and service from raw material to the finished good for the ultimate distribution to the customer.
7) What experience do you have when it comes to discussing our recently posted LOGISTICS COORDINATOR position?
Speak about specifics that relate to the position you are applying for. If you know you do not have much experience in the job you are applying for, plan for this question ahead of time and ensure you can provide some relatable examples based on what you have done.
Almost all interviewers will appreciate confidence and pride in the work experience you have earned and your passion in transferring these valuable skills to your future role or position.
8) Explain What Is Meant By Reverse Logistics?
Reverse Logistics is the collection of all processes that come into play for goods that move in the reverse directions which means transportation of goods customer to the business.
9) Our field is always changing. As such, what have you done with regards to personal development when it comes to a LOGISTICS COORDINATOR POSITION in the last 12 months?
Here is an opportunity for you to showcase a wide variety of things you may have done both personally and professionally that will get your potential employers interested. Be sure to think about this one in advance in the event that it comes up. I took it upon myself to enroll in a summer business admin course at the local community college. Through this, I picked up some really great knowledge on communication and teamwork, as well as further develop overall managerial skills.
Keep in mind, one of the key things that employers look for is an applicant who is self motivated and goal oriented.
10) Explain What Is Activity Based Costing?
It is a method which helps in the breakdown of the costs into specific activities in order to maintenance of accuracy in the distribution of costs in product costing.
11) Explain What Is The Difference Between Logistics And Transport?
Logistics: Logistics is referred as the procedure of managing goods, resources and information from the source to the consumers in a manner that it fits the requirements of both parties.
Transportation: Transport is the movement of the goods from one point to the other. It is considered as part of logistics.
12) Explain what is Anti-Dumping duty?
Anti-dumping duty is an import duty levied in cases where imported goods are priced at less than the normal price in the exporter’s domestic market and cause material loss to the domestic industry of the importing country.
13) What Are The Major Transportation Issues In Warehousing?
The major transport issues in warehousing are
o Tracking and communications
o Warehouse Safety
14) Explain the term deadweight tonnage?
Deadweight tonnage is the difference between the laden and unladen weight of the ship. In other words, it is the weight of everything that ship carries except the ship itself.
15) Explain how to organize storage area for bulk items?
Look storage place which has the facility of single, double or multiple depth locations.
• Bulk storage in vertical or straight direction: It is the most common method of organizing the container, it is organized in a vertical direction piling the container over each other.
• Bulk storage at angle: It is one of the solutions that can be applied in a situation when there is a limited place to accommodate containers. But it is applicable in special cases only, depending upon what material it carries.
16) Explain what is cross docking?
Cross docking is a process of unloading materials from an incoming semi-truck and loading directly into out-bounds trucks or trailers. It reduces handling costs, operating costs and the storage of inventory.
17) Is expected CTC open for negotiation?
It was not as once you join a company, you can’t expect a hike for at least 1 yr. So if expected CTC is offered, one can work without any serious botheration in FY.