Interview questions for HR recruiter
1. What is recruitment?
Recruitment is the overall process of sourcing, short listing, selecting and appointing the right candidate at the right position. The job may be a paid job or an unpaid position such as trainee or any voluntary role. The role may be temporary or permanent.
2. What are the most important stages in the process of recruitment?
The most important stages in the recruitment process are:
i. Identifying your needs: Make a list of all the responsibilities the current person is handling. Is there anything additional you want the new person to handle?
ii. Planning: Know your sources of recruitment and channels of communication.
iii. Sourcing: Get the right kind of profiles. Job portals and social media are quite popular these days.
iv. Identify the right profile: Shortlist the most suitable profiles based on the job description and interest exhibited by the candidates.
v. Telephonic screening: Talking to them in detail over the phone gives you quite a clear idea about their suitability and interest.
vi. Face-to Face Interview: You can invite the most suitable candidates for a face to face interview.
vii. Making an offer: Make an offer. The candidate might accept or refuse it. Don’t take it for granted.
viii. Hiring the candidate: Once the candidate accepts the offer, you can extend an appointment letter.
ix. On boarding of the candidate: Once the hiring process is completed the recruiting executive needs to make sure that the candidate shows up for their first day at work.
3. How would you figure out a candidate in fake?
By their duplicate documents about education, work experience.
List some factors that affect the recruitment policy of a company.
Various factors which can affect the recruitment policy of a company are:
- Its objectives
- Policies of the competitors
- Government laws – Social and economic
- Political environment
- Cost of recruitment
- Time available
- Preferred recruitment sources
4. What is recruitment management system? What are its features and benefits?
Recruitment management system is a tool for effective management of recruitment process. It helps in quick, reliable, accurate and unbiased processing of various applications.
- The system helps in efficient management of system by automatically maintaining the database of candidates.
- It works as a good interface between various parties involved in the whole process.
- It helps in better communication.
5. What attracted you to the recruiting profession?
This question sheds light on what drives a candidate to succeed as a recruiter and how their motivations can positively impact the role.
In college, I interned at Company XYZ. I was fortunate enough to interact with a positive, motivated group who was proud of their work. I realized the impact that truly enjoying a career and workplace has on a person’s life. I’ve always been successful at encouraging and helping others, and I knew the perfect way to combine my passion for service and the belief that a person should find value in their career was to become a recruiter.
6. How do you develop and strengthen relationships with job candidates?
In knowing how unnerving navigating a job search can be for a candidate, I make it a point to be available whenever possible.
7. Are you open to take risks? or Do you like experimenting?
It is always good to venture into new waters and new technologies. I am a very adaptive person and my diligence helps me pick up new stuff quickly. Experimenting or taking risks can yield both good and bad results, but the exercise in itself is a great learning experience.
8. What is your expected salary?
I believe that an ideal remuneration for any position recognizes the ability, rewards the performance and provides the employee an opportunity to indulge in his hobbies and passions. I am sure that this company also takes care of these.
9. What motivates you?
I love public speaking. Preparing a presentation and talking about it in front of an audience, and then getting back to them with answers in the question and answer round, motivates me! The whole experience is so thrilling.
10. What do you do if a candidate unexpectedly rejects your job offer?
A good recruiter adapts well to rejection. How they react will show you if they are able to remain calm and handle disappointment with grace, along with how they bounce back. I was particularly excited about offering a role to a high-quality candidate. This candidate had been responsive, enthusiastic and I was sure they would accept my offer.
11. How would you maximize your ROI on recruitment?
Recruitment is a time and money consuming activity. In order to maximize the ROI through recruitment activities, a company should keep following things in mind:
- Clearly define the achievements you expect from the recruitment process. Establishing the clear goals doesn’t leave a place for confusion in the system.
- Develop effective ways to measure critical results.
- Precise estimation of time and cost of recruitment.
- Ensure that the people working in the recruitment process are well trained.
12. How long can you commit to work with us?
I like new challenges and a chance to grow. As long I keeping getting these, I don’t think I’ll need to switch over. I’d like to believe that this relationship lasts for many years. However, I haven’t set a time limit as such.
13. What are the most important things for you as a manager?
The two things which should be most important for a manager to succeed in his role are:
a) His team should be happy and keep performing
b) The project he is working on with his team is successfully finished with minimum problems.
14. Can you work independently?
- Yes, I can work independently without supervision or support from a team.
- Do not emphasize on working independently as that will be seen as an inability to work with others.
15. Discuss your five characteristics.
List down points that will help you professionally:
- Hard working
- Multi tasker
leave your comment