Interview questions for Digital Marketing
1. How are you going to explain digital marketing?
Digital marketing is all about brand marketing tactics via online channels. It includes various methods and techniques like SEO, SEM, Link building, Email marketing, PPC, etc.
2. What is Google Adwords?
It is Google’s advertising system, where the companies/advertisers bid on a set of keywords and get their ads to appear on search results. This is the most commonly used PPC advertising system.
3. Which form of digital marketing is better: SEO or PPC?
Pay Per Click or PPC is a form of paid marketing where one can display ads in the sponsored results section of each search engine results page by paying a fee, while SEO is a free activity that helps to build traffic by achieving high rankings in the organic search results. One can’t say whether PPC or SEO is better, as it depends on business requirements and most importantly budget.
4. Mention what are the key areas where you can use keywords to optimize the site ranking?
For better page ranking, you must use the keywords in following areas
• Keyword in Website URL
• Keyword in Website Title
• Keyword in Meta tag
• Keyword in Web page content
• Keyword density in body text
• Keywords in Headlines
5. In what segments you can categorize digital marketing?
Are you a fresher and preparing a digital marketing interview questions and answers for freshers, then start scratching from the basics. Digital marketing – the term can be easily categorized into two segments.
6. How you can improve conversion rates?
Conversion rates can be improved by testing different elements on site, especially on the landing page. One can also experiment with functionality, layout and style on landing pages
7. Why is online marketing increasingly preferred over offline marketing?
• The number of leads generated is extraordinary compared to the very expensive offline marketing initiatives.
• The online tools for marketing are SEO, Hosting and Web Development
• One can reach a huge and diverse audience online and can even set a worldwide target.
• It’s not only possible but also super-easy to make corrections in live campaigns in Digital Marketing in real-time. Optimization-on-the-go is finally a reality, thanks to Digital Marketing.
• There are essentially no geographical boundaries when it comes to using online marketing platforms.
• Digital Marketing feeds and thrives on consumer behavior analytics. Never before brands had so much meaningful and actionable data available to them for drawing real insights to base their marketing budget on.
• Everything is measurable and track-able in Digital Marketing. Marketers are able to measure and improve upon Return-on-Investment.
8. What is SEO? What is a keyword and how important it is in SEO?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a technique in digital marketing that allows increasing the website traffic quality through organic search engine results.
Digital marketing uses the keyword for user convenience when searching to find specific information on a search engine. For a better ranking in SEO, keywords are important and the place of applying keywords in content will reflect site ranking tool.
9. Mention what are the characteristics of “bad links” ?
The characteristics of “bad links” are
• Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites
• Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic
• Links from link exchanges
• Links from those sites that are not in Google index
• Paid links
• Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites
• Spammy links from blogs or articles.
10. What are the different types of digital marketing?
Different aspects of digital marketing are:
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• Content Marketing
• Email Marketing
• Social Media Marketing
• E-commerce Marketing
11. What are on-page and off-page optimization?
On-page optimization directly handles the structure and content of a site whereas off-page optimization boosts the search engine ranking by fetching external links to point back to it.
12. Explain inbound marketing and outbound marketing?
Inbound marketing – This includes attracting customers and turning them into leads through different marketing channels like SEO, content marketing, viral videos, webinars, social media campaigns, etc.
Outbound marketing – It involves reaching out to the targeted audience via more traditional forms of marketing, such as TVCs, radio ads, print advertisements, trade fairs, sales calls and emails.
13. What are the different types of SEO Practices?
The SEO practices can be broadly classified into two categories – White hat SEO and Black hat SEO. White hat SEO as the name refers, is the most legitimate practice to get higher rankings in the search engine result pages. A white hat SEO practice strictly abides by Google’s guidelines for SEO. The most commonly practiced white hat SEO techniques are publishing quality content on the website, HTML optimization and restructuring of the website, link acquisition campaigns.
14. How will you determine if a link is a bad link?
Bad links are usually :
• Links from a low-authority or questionable domain
• Links pointing to irrelevant context and/or source
• Links embedded in the suspiciously keyword-matched anchor text
• Links pointing to a link exchanges
• Repetitive links
• Link from same anchor texts from different websites
• Links from sites not indexed by Google
• Spam links
• Paid links
15.Explain what is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization widely known as SEO is the process of improving the structure, content and organization of your site, so that the Search engines can index them correctly. It also involves doing promotional activities to boost your search engine rank.
16. What are some of the important components of a PPC campaign?
The important components of any PPC campaign are :
• Ad copies
• Landing page
• Bid amount
• Call to Action
17. Explain what is a keyword in digital marketing ? How important is it from the point of SEO?
• “Keyword” in digital marketing is the word that a user’s or person enters into a search engine to find specific information.
• From SEO point of view, for better page ranking keywords are very crucial. How and where you have used the keywords will reflect your site ranking.