Interview questions for Larsen & Turbo limited
While you have filled the form for the job vacancy at Larsen & Toubro Limited. The very first thing you should keep in mind is that know more about the company and its competitors. This can be a very frequent questions that What do you know about our company? Without waiting a second you must be liable to answer them for getting selection in the job interview. The below two questions are important for all kind of L&T interview Questions and Answers search term in Google such as l&t aptitude questions, l&t interview questions for civil, l&t interview questions for mechanical, l&t interview questions for computer science, l&t infotech interview questions for freshers, l&t interview questionsfor electronics, l&t ECC interview questions for civil etc.
L & T Infotech GD Topics:
• Religion is a private affair.
• Should prostitution be legalized in India.
• 100 days under Modi government.
• We will never be a corruption free society.
Excerpts from Interview 1:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 90.4% 12th grade-86.4% and graduation score-76.8%)
• Explain top-n analysis in DBMS.
• Explain different file system of database management system.
• Explain different concepts of C/C++.
• WAP on how to sort the elements of an array in log (n) /n2 / n / 1 complexity.
• Guesstimate regarding market sizes, analysis of a situation, etc. Can be read from Vaults guide on case studies.
• Puzzles like, 25 horses, strings on fire, mixing the chemicals etc. were asked.
• Questions based on CV were asked, and questions based on Projects were asked.
1. Can you enumerate the various differences between Supervised and Unsupervised Learning?
The main difference between supervised and unsupervised learning: Labeled data. The main distinction between the two approaches is the use of labeled datasets. To put it simply, supervised learning uses labeled input and output data, while an unsupervised learning algorithm does not.
2. What do you understand by the Selection Bias? What are its various types?
Selection bias is a kind of error that occurs when the researcher decides who is going to be studied. It is usually associated with research where the selection of participants isn’t random. Three types of bias can be distinguished: information bias, selection bias, and confounding.
3. How many questions are there in the LNT test?
• Experience: Lnt test mainly consists of two test-1 is apptitude and 2 is technical. Technical test is quite easy almost every one can do this.it consists of 44 question in which time is around 30 minutes than 2 nd test is apptitude test which also consist of 3 section.-1.
• Sometimes the side of concrete bridges is observed to turn black in color.
4. What is the reason for this phenomenon?
In some cases, it may be due to the accumulation of dust and dirt. However, for the majority of such phenomenon, it is due to fungus or algae growth on concrete bridges. After rainfall, the bridge surface absorbs water and retains it for a certain period of time. Hence, this provides a good habitat for fungus or algae to grow. Moreover, atmospheric pollution and proximity of plants provide nutrients for their growth. Improvement in drainage details and application of painting and coating to bridges help to solve this problem.
5. What reinforcements are used in the process of prestressing?
• Answer – The major types of reinforcements used in prestressing are:
• (a) Spalling Reinforcement: The spalling stresses leads to stress behind the loaded area of the anchor blocks. This results in the breaking off of the surface concrete. The most likely causes of such types of stresses are Poisson`s effects strain interoperability or by the stress trajectory shapes.
• (b) Equilibrium reinforcements: This type of reinforcements are required where several anchorages exist where the prestressing loads are applied in a sequential manner.
• (c) Bursting Reinforcements: These kinds of stresses occur in cases where the stress trajectories are concave towards the line of action of load. In order to reduce such stresses, reinforcements in the form of bursting are required.
6. Please explain the goal of A/B Testing.
A/B testing allows individuals, teams and companies to make careful changes to their user experiences while collecting data on the results.This allows to construct hypotheses and to learn why certain elements of their experiences impact user behavior.
7. How will you calculate the Sensitivity of machine learning models?
Sensitivity = d/(c+d): The proportion of observed positives that were predicted to be positive.
8. What are the functions of a column in a building?
A column is used to support the weight of the roof and/or the upper floors. Nowadays, many columns are used for decorative purposes. A column along with load bearing beams can support a lot of weight.
9. What are the uses of Groynes?
They prevent, or slow down erosion, and stop the longshore drift. This, however, can have bad knock-on effects somewhere near.
10. What are the strongest shapes in the building?
11. How many feet are in 4 square yards?
There are 9 square feet in a square yard, therefore, there are 36 square feet in 4 square yards.
12. What is the average density of soil?
For purposes of civil engineering, an average soil will have a density of about 100 to 110 pounds per cubic foot. (This can vary a little depending upon how well compacted the soil is)
13. What is the ratio of Grades M5, M7.5, M10, M15, M20, M25, M30, M35, M40?
M5 – 1:5:10
M7.5 – 1:4:8
M10 – 1:3:6
M15 – 1:2:4
M20 – 1:1.5:3
M25 – 1:1:2
M30, M35, M40 – Design Mix Followed
14. How do you compute the volume of airflow?
Orifice meter is used for measuring flow rate air.
15. Who designed the city of Washington DC?
16. How do you maintain water pressure?
If you have water pressure and wish to maintain it, do not cause flow in the line, which will reduce pressure due to friction. To keep the pressure up, reduce friction by increasing the line size or eliminating some other restriction.
17. The mixture of different ingredients of cement is burnt at
18. The foundations are placed below ground level, to increase
stability of structure
19. Could you draw a comparison between overfitting and underfitting?
Overfitting is a modeling error which occurs when a function is too closely fit to a limited set of data points. Underfitting refers to a model that can neither model the training data nor generalize to new data.
20. Between Python and R, which one would you pick for text analytics and why?
Python would be the best option because it has Pandas library that provides easy to use data structures and high-performance data analysis tools. R is more suitable for machine learning than just text analysis. Python performs faster for all types of text analytics.
21. Please explain the role of data cleaning in data analysis.
Data cleansing is a process in which you go through all of the data within a database and either remove or update information that is incomplete, incorrect, improperly formatted, duplicated, or irrelevant (source).