Interview questions for
1. What is DRDA ?
DRDA stands for Distributed Relational Database Architecture. DRDA is a connection protocol for relational database processing which IBM and vendor databases use. It consists of rules for communication between a remote relational DBMS and the application.
2. Explain the use of the WHERE?
The “WHERE” clause isolates an element or row whenever it is used with a relational statement.
3. How can a LIKE table be created?
It can be made by the use of the LIKE parameter in the statement CREATE. These tables are generally required for testing the production environment.
4. What is the need of running runstats in the test environment?
It is for clearing the default values from the catalog columns. Because if the columns have default values; then the result might not be an expected one.
5. Explain referential integrity?
It is the rule that states that consistency needs to be conserved between the foreign and primary keys. This means that each foreign key entry needs to have a fitting primary key entry.
6. What is the maximum number of volumes which can be inserted in a STOGROUP?
The maximum number of volumes which can be inserted in a STOGROUP is one hundred and thirty-three.
7. How are composite and multiple indexes different?
Multiple index are two indexes, one each for a column of the same table. Composite index is only one index, which consists of combined values of 2 columns of a table.
8. What is the advantage in De-normalizing tables in DB2?
It lowers the requirement for executing intensive relational joins. It also cuts the number of required foreign keys.
9. Name the units in the COBOL project?
Identification Division, Environmental Division, Data Division, Practical Division.
10. What are the various data types in COBOL?
Alpha-numeric (fx), alphabet (a) and number (9).
11. What is verb ï¿½?
Alphabetical, alphanumeric fields and alphaned edited items are set to SPACES.
12. What do you understand by path?
A path is a file that ensures access to another file by a different index as well. A path is also what determines and defines the relationship between the base cluster and the AIX.
Numeric, edited edited items are set to ZERO.
Removing FILLER and OCCURS items has not been resumed.
13. What is 77 level?
Startup item. Do not have subdivisions of other objects (can not qualify), or they can not separate themselves.
14. What is the status of 88?