Interview questions for wordpress
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. A content management system is basically a tool that makes it easy to manage important aspects of your website like content without needing to know anything about programming. Word Press is an excellent website platform for a variety of websites. From blogging to e-commerce to business and portfolio websites, Word Press is a versatile CMS. Here are just a few examples of the types of websites you can build with Word Press:
1. What is WordPress?
Word press is a best Open Source CMS which allows it to be used free of cost. You can use it on any personal or commercial website without having to pay a single penny for it. It is built on PHP/MySQL (which is again Open Source) and licensed under GPL.
2. What are minimum requirements to run word press?
• PHP 7 or greater
• My SQL 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB 10.0 or greater
• The moderate Apache module
• HTTPS support(Recommended
3. How safe is a website on Word Press?
The word press is safe to operate, but still, it is suggested to keep updating with the latest version of Word Press to avoid hacking.
4. What is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
The difference is in who’s hosting your site. With org, YOU host your website or blog. This is where you find the open source software to download.com, they host for you.
5. Are there any limitations to a WordPress website?
You can use WordPress for ecommerce sites, membership sites, photo galleries and any other type of site you can think of. The website is created using the same HTML code as any other site, so there are no limitations there either.
6. What are the types of hooks in WP and what are their functions?
There are two types hooks are available in WordPress, action hooks and filter hooks. They allow the user to, with short snippets of code, modify areas in a theme or plugin without modifying the original file
7. Do you need to have a blog in order to use WordPress for a site?
WordPress was originally used as blogging software though it has since become popular for the website also. It is not necessary to have a blog to use WordPress. Still having a blog is commendable as it will help in search engine optimization.
8. Where id wordPress content stored?
WordPress contents are stored in MySQL database on Server.
9. From SEO point of view is WordPress helpful? Will it show the website on Google?
It is one of the benefits of using WordPress; it has inbuilt SEO search engine. Also, you can have an additional plugin in WordPress to help with SEO and rank on a popular search engine like Google.
10. What are the types of hooks in WP and what are their functions?
There are two types hooks are available in WordPress, action hooks and filter hooks. They allow the user to, with short snippets of code, modify areas in a theme or plugin without modifying the original file.
11. What do you mean by a custom field in WordPress?
The custom field is a metadata that allows you to store arbitrary information in the WordPress post. Through custom field, extra information can be added to the post.
12. Is a website on WordPress safe and secure?
WordPress is safe and secure to operate. You need not worry about anything but still it is suggested to update your site with latest WordPress version to avoid hacking.
13. What are the positive aspects of WordPress?
Few positive aspects of WordPress are
• Easy installation and upgrade
• In-built SEO engine
• Easy theme system
• Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages
• Own data- no unwanted advert on your website
• Flexibility and Easy publishing option
14. Is it possible to SEO a WordPress site to show it on Google first page?
WordPress has an inbuilt SEO search engine benefit. You can also have an additional plugin in WordPress to help with SEO and rank on a favorite search engine like Google.
15. Is it possible to rename the WordPress folder?
Yes, it is possible to rename the WordPress folder. If WordPress is already installed, you have to log in to the weblog as the administrator and then change the settings.
WordPress address (URI) :
Blog address( URI) :
After making the changes, you can rename the folder or directory with the WordPress file in it.
16. What are the steps you can take if your WordPress file is hacked?
• Install security plugins like WP security
• Re-install the latest version of WordPress
• Change password and user-ids for all your users
• Check your themes and plugins are up to date
17. What are the reasons why one should not hack WordPress core file?
The best reason not to hack the core files is that whatever you might be doing has to be reworked as a patch.
18. What is the difference between character 23 and x23?
Here 23 specifies the octal 23 and x23 determine the hex 23.
19. Why does WordPress use MySQL?
Following are the reasons to use MySQL with WordPress:
• Open source
• Extremely fast
• A widely available database server
• Supported by low-cost Linux hosting
20. How can you edit a WordPress comment?
You can edit WordPress comment using the dashboard. From the panel, under the Comments option, select edit to edit a comment.