- Provide management and leadership for implementation of the safeguards and security program; directs the overall safeguards and security, information technology/cyber security and continuity of safeguards and security operations programs at the Los Alamos Field Office (LAFO) and other NNSA Installations under LAFO’s jurisdiction.
- Provide overall leadership of AMS’ oversight and contractor activities; management oversight of all nuclear safeguards and security and information technology/cyber security programs and projects.
- Conduct internal assessments, security surveys and assessments of contractor functions and compliance.
- Management and oversight of the $2.7 billion management and operating (M&O) contract for the LANL which could adversely impact the effective function of LAFO or achievement of NNSA mission objectives.
- Oversee the field security operations information technology/cyber security planning processes and the integration into the Defense Nuclear Safety (DNS) and NA-IM Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Evaluation (PPBE) process. This includes development of annual Program Execution Guidance (PEG), review of the adequacy of the site security Annual Operating Plans (AOP), ongoing performance assessment against DNS, PEG and local AOP milestones, and performance assessment for award fee and other purposes.
- Develop and implement a plan of action to resolve identified issues.
- Exercise considerable judgment, ingenuity, and decision making and provide regular input to the contract evaluation of LANL on site operations and leadership.
- Perform both technical and administrative supervision over complex work and is responsible for assigning and reviewing work, training, developing and mentoring staff; developing and accessing performance, recognizing accomplishments and counseling staff members on conduct and performance issues.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level in the Federal Service i.e., EN-03 or GS-13
Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
1) Experience leading the administration of federal government participation in physical security, information security, nuclear material control and accountability, or protective force programs.
2) Compiling/organizing technical input from multiple sources for the preparation of implementing guidance, reports, and briefing papers for senior officials.
Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Led the preparation of safeguards and security guidance, reports and publications intended for senior executive level approval.
- Developed and implemented national or department level security policies, regulations, directives or technical standards.
- Conducted technical peer reviews and editing of security plans involving facilities with national security interests.
- Planned, performed, and prepared written reports on activities relating to the implementation, oversight, and assessment of safeguards and security programs.