The Nutrition Informatics Analyst works collaboratively with the software development team, Compass IT group, client IT groups, other client departments such as project management, pharmacy, nursing and administration, food and nutrition services departments and region team members to implement MyDining software in Morrison Healthcare accounts. The NIA will coordinate with other MyDining team members, MHC regional and support team members as well as hospital personnel related to coordinate programming in MyDining for therapeutic diets and textures, food related allergies, etc. menu database building implications based on the interface, account level manual interface reconciliation needs or any other interface driven process or concept that is necessary based on testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates progress of MyDining project to appropriate personnel
- Maintains and supports client satisfaction with MyDining at a level that ensures account retention.
- Involves clinicians in the design, implementation and evaluation of account-specific hospital to MyDining HL7 interfaces
- Participates in evaluating and improving processes that relate to interactions with client IT departments and overall HL7 testing process
- Serves as a liaison between Compass IT, software provider and food and nutrition services department, while representing the best interests of the food and nutrition services department, patients, associates and Morrison Healthcare
- Manages exports from client Electronic Medical records (EMRs) to develop lookup (translation) tables used to convert hospital diet and allergy codes to display according to what is ordered/entered in the hospital EMR accurately in MyDining
- Completes accurate and appropriate mapping of diet orders and food related allergies
- Determines scenarios necessary for HL7 testing considering the needs of the food and nutrition department who will be using MyDining according to knowledge of the EMR type in use, the hospital specific patient types, patient flow through the facility, customizations needed (participation status, isolation code support, etc.) and any other nuances that will impact message flow over the interface
- Develops and modifies HL7 testing scripts for each implementation
- Manages the training for onsite team members to complete reconciliation of the hospital EMR to MyDining as well as assisting the MyDining HL7 team in troubleshooting reconciliation discrepancies between the hospital EMR and MyDining post interface turn up
- Provides support for MyDining accounts including responding to HelpDesk tickets, Go Live support and ongoing support for transitional responsibilities. Assists with troubleshooting/investigation/documentation of application bugs and testing of fixes