Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a Business Development Associate to manage business development and partnership sales for Reviewed.com, focusing on the affiliate and licensing business. This role will grow revenue from direct sales and profit of USAT e-commerce business, through direct relationships with brands and merchants.
You will serve as a key team member helping build one of the most loved and useful destinations for product recommendations and reviews.
Our preference is for candidates in Boston or New York City.
- Lead, source, manage and close licensing deals.
- Drive new revenue from affiliate partnerships and build audience and affiliate strategies for Reviewed.com & USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Develop tailored sales operations and growth strategies to monetize and increase new sources of revenue for the company; based on industry trends, sales data, search opportunities, and audience insights.
- Research, vet, onboard, and launch licensing partnerships that contribute to USA TODAY and Reviewed.com e-commerce portfolio, by ensuring that they can increase revenue and/or affiliate sales.
- Pitch and sell new licensing franchises, including awards programs, pull-quotes, badges, shows, series, and product placements.
- Work directly with brands, merchants, retailers and more to implement new licensing opportunities, and help drive increased promotion and awareness of Reviewed across the existing portfolio.
Business Development and Sales:
- Grow strategic licensing deals with all brands across all relevant categories (Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Finance, Parenting, Cooking, Health & Wellness, DTC.)
- Manage daily outreach and sales efforts + monitoring of goals and sales objectives.
- Launch, monitor, track all partnerships and optimize + upsell existing relationships.
- Research and scope any new potential expansion areas or categories by building business cases and financial models to assess opportunities.
- Network and engage with others in the licensing and affiliate marketing space in order to stay on top of market developments.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training.
- 2+ years in a quota carrying sales role.
- Cold calling and new business development experience.
- Meeting revenue goals.